U9 Competitive Tryouts
Competitive tryouts for U9 is now open. If you have already registered with GCGH, you do NOT need to register again.
For Permission-to-Skate (kids from other associations), please use this link to register with GCGH for our tryouts.
19-09-2021 SUN 7:15 AM 8:15 AM RFL - Rink 2 19-09-2021 SUN 9:15 AM 10:15 PM RFL - Rink 2 25-09-2021 SAT 9:00 AM 10:00 AM RFL - Racette 26-09-2021 SUN 8:15 AM 9:15 AM RFL - Rink 2 26-09-2021 SUN 9:15 AM 10:15 AM RFL - Rink 2
* Not all kids will attend all sessions. Times to be communicated with parents and/or check here for updates. Check your Spam folder as we have had some issues.
U11 Competitive Tryouts
Competitive tryouts for U11 is now open. Please use the link above.
- Saturday, September 11 - 7:15 - 9:15 Conditioning # 1&2 - RFL 2
- Tuesday, September 14 - 5:00 - 7:00 Conditioning # 3&4 - Ron Racette (RF1)
Please note that the conditioning sessions are only open to GCGH players registering for tryouts. No PTS allowed.
- Saturday, September 18 - 5:00 - 7:00 Evaluation # 1&2 (hour 1 skills, hour 2 scrimmage) Milk Up
- Sunday, September 19 - 12:15 - 2:15 Evaluation # 3&4 (skills & scrimmage) Milk Up
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT ALL TRYOUTS.
The schedule will be subject to any ongoing COVID rules, registration numbers, and ice availability. GCGH reserves the right to make last-minute changes. All schedule changes will be posted on this page only.
PLEASE NOTE THAT TRYOUT JERSEYS ARE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE RAMP SYSTEM. Please click this link and note that you do NOT need to sign up for the season at this time, but can purchase the jersey only. https://www.rampregistrations.com/login?v3=3fe4601850
If you have any questions, please reach out to Junior Comp Director, Peter Syntetos.
There will be a minimum of 5 evaluators. The coaches, one board member, and a minimum of two independents. An independent could be one of our coaches from another level or someone outside of our organization.
Players will be evaluated on:
- Skating – speed, quickness, technique
- Passing – technique, control, vision
- Puck Control – technique, open ice, confined space
- Shooting – technique, accuracy, velocity
- Game/Play Understanding – Principles of Offence and Defence
An evaluation sheet will be submitted to GCGH after each session by each evaluator for each player. All categories must be filled in and comments are requested.
A separate goalie-only evaluation session will be used with an independent goalie evaluator.
A meeting will be held with the coaches and evaluators prior to the start of each level to ensure everyone knows the process and is familiar with the evaluation sheet
The final team will be communicated via a phone call from the coach.
GCGH has the right to extend the final selection process past the last evaluation session if required.
- GCGH’s s policy is that each player must attend a minimum of 2 sessions. Given the late notice this year if there are any issues, please send an email to our VP Competitive at email@example.com.
- Medical limitations or being absent will impact tryouts and placement as this is a very competitive process. The GCGH Competitive Committee evaluation team will use past performance, coaching evaluations, and other pertinent information to attempt to place the injured or absent player at the right level. It is very difficult to promote an injured or absent player if they are unable to display skills against other players at that level.
- An injury or absenteeism may not mean automatic placement on a competitive team. Any placement by the evaluation team is not appealable.
- The injured or absentee player is still required to register and pay for tryouts to be considered.
- If a player is unable to participate due to injury, a medical note must be provided to VP Comp stating she is unable to participate and when she is expected to return to play.
- If a player is absent due to family reasons, an email must be sent to VP Comp for approval.
- If a player imports to GCGH with only one tryout remaining, and there is overwhelming and convincing evidence that this player should be placed on the team, this will be considered and reviewed by VP Comp. with assistance from the coach.
We will provide more information as we move forward and as registration numbers become clearer.
If you have any general questions or comments do not hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org.