GCGH Financial Assistance
GCGH recognizes that it can be expensive to play hockey and strives to ensure that every child who wants to play hockey has the opportunity to do so. GCGH provides financial assistance to their players and families/guardians who do not have the financial resources to pay or would suffer undue hardship as a result of the registration fee and other associated team costs.
GCGH will make every effort to provide financial assistance where it is needed. However, this is predicated on funds being available for the GCGH to provide financial assistance in any given year.
GCGH will implement protocols to ensure that applications for financial assistance will be treated confidentially. As a standard practice, only the established Financial Committee will receive applications for financial assistance.
Financial assistance will be provided to the player/parent(s)/guardian as a credit to the registration fee when registering in the RAMP registration system. Teams will not be informed of players on their rosters receiving financial assistance.
Applicants will be required to fill-in the GCGH financial assistance application form and include proof of income by submitting their latest CRA Notice of Assessment and paystub.
There is no deadline for applying for financial assistance.
Further information on our Financial Assistance Policy can be found HERE
Other Financial Assistance Possibilities
GCGH strongly recommends that families seeking financial assistance pursue other sources of support, such as:
Grindstone Award Foundation (LINK)
- The Grindstone team is comprised of a diverse group of people committed to giving back to our hockey community. Our volunteer members are the driving force behind all the work we do. Our individual leadership and collective efforts result in the success we have today. The Grindstone Award would like to extend its thanks to all of our members for the important work they do!
- The Grindstone Award Foundation is here to remove financial barriers for girls to play hockey. We are committed to helping girls across Canada play the game they love and to ultimately grow the female game.
- To provide opportunities to young female hockey players who have a desire to play, but are unable to for financial reasons.
- To lead and inspire the movement to grow female hockey across the Nation.
Canadian Tire Jump Start (LINK)
- Founded in 2005, Jumpstart helps kids overcome financial and accessibility barriers to sport and recreation in an effort to provide inclusive play for kids of all abilities.
- To enrich the lives of kids in need through sport and physical activity.
- Canada, where all kids have a chance to fulfill their dreams.
- Giving kids the opportunity to access sport and play is essential for their growth and development, which is why Jumpstart funds a variety of different sports and activities all with the goal of giving all kids the chance to discover their passion.
Hockey Canada Assist Fund (LINK)
- The Hockey Canada Foundation Assist Fund was created in response to the many families experiencing financial challenges. The goal of the Fund is to help Canadian youth access hockey and play the game they love.
- The Assist Fund will provide up to $500 per player in registration fee subsidies to approved applicants who are registered with a Hockey Canada-sanctioned association.
- There are moments that define us. That define Canada. That touch the essence of what it means to be Canadian. Pulling a hockey sweater over our head. Tightening the laces on a child’s skates. A first goal, arms raised in celebration. A medal. A moment. An ASSIST.
- As players, coaches, parents, and fans, we share a passion for hockey. The Hockey Canada Foundation was created to fuel that passion. To keep alive our history. To encourage future generations to continue building our sense of community and country.
- Your support for the Hockey Canada Foundation will help us share the game with all who share this land. It is a legacy - your legacy. It is built on history and will shape our future.
- The Hockey Canada Foundation Assist Fund aims to break down barriers and give every child the chance to play.